 Castle / 18428
Subject:
Harry Parter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:28:08 GMT

Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros

Re: Harry Parter
   Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros

Wow. these images are crisp! i’ve done bitmap enlarging & going back & interpolating (guessing where the pixels look best to make that curve look JUST right) & it is Hard, long work. EXCELLENT job on all these torsos & shields!

Jeff-grateful someone did a hi res torso with crisp larger curve at the shoulder!

Re: Harry Parter
   Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros

Wow. these images are crisp! i’ve done bitmap enlarging & going back & interpolating (guessing where the pixels look best to make that curve look JUST right) & it is Hard, long work. EXCELLENT job on all these torsos & shields!

Jeff-grateful someone did a hi res torso with crisp larger curve at the shoulder!

also, I checed the forums at FBTB- You ARE popular here-you do GREAT work with MOCs & excellent engaging stories

Jeff-sorry to reply to my own post

Re: Harry Parter
   Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

<http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros The Kingdom of Ikros

I have tried both MS Paint and Paint Shop Pro and I cannot rezise either the shields or the Torso. Anyway, fantastic job on the shields and the torso.

Woe is me!

-- Don

At the request of Ben E., I created a variation on my Fleur de Lis torso. I present to you: The Musketeer torso sticker!

That is all.

--Anthony

Re: Harry Parter
   Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

<http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros The Kingdom of Ikros

I have tried both MS Paint and Paint Shop Pro and I cannot rezise either the shields or the Torso. Anyway, fantastic job on the shields and the torso.

Woe is me!

-- Don

Hey Don,

I’m glad you like my work so far. I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems. I’m afraid I’m not very knowledgable in printing and those two programs you have, but with what strikingly little knowledge I have, I’ll try and help you out.

Both my shield and torso designs are designed to be printed out at 500 dpi. However, when in Photoshop, I can print the images at 300 or 600 dpi (my only options, I’m thinking it’s because of my printer, and man do I wish I had used 600 dpi... sigh too late now), and there’s no problem with being the wrong size. Also, when I print them in Photoshop, I don’t change their sizes. Now I think my father may have Paint Shop Pro, and I think it’s a pretty high end program, so maybe if you just choose to print the images ‘as-is’ at a high dpi, maybe they’ll print out at the right size.

Again, I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. Maybe we can find you someone to print things out for you, or maybe we can get you a version of the files that you can use.

Thanks for the reply!

--Anthony

Re: Harry Parter
   Whilest I continue my quest to finish a Torso Sticker article, I just thought y’all would like to see what I’m up to... well... again.

So, feel like you have too many harry potters?

There ya go.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros

Wow. these images are crisp! i’ve done bitmap enlarging & going back & interpolating (guessing where the pixels look best to make that curve look JUST right) & it is Hard, long work. EXCELLENT job on all these torsos & shields!

Jeff-grateful someone did a hi res torso with crisp larger curve at the shoulder!

also, I checed the forums at FBTB- You ARE popular here-you do GREAT work with MOCs & excellent engaging stories

Jeff-sorry to reply to my own post

Thanks much! I’m glad you like what I’ve done, and it’s particularly flattering to be complimented by someone who knows what I’m going through to do these. It takes me on average between one and two hours per design. Fortunately, some designs can be repeated with different colors which makes my average time for all torsos go down.

In fact, I just today finished the old scale mail and breast plate armor designs, and in my torso article I will be making both designs available in a total of 10 different colored shirts (while the armor remains the same color).

These colors are: black, blue, brown, green, light grey, orange, red, tan, white and yellow.

Of course that means for two designs I got 20 torsos :)

Look out Star Wars figs! Your days as sci-fi characters are numbered!

I’ll try to get the article out soon, I only have a few more planned torso designs to tinker with.

And thanks for the reply!

--Anthony

Re: The Musketeer
   At the request of Ben E., I created a variation on my Fleur de Lis torso. I present to you: The Musketeer torso sticker!

That is all.

--Anthony

Hmmmm, now I have to modify these things. Layers - ah yes, there’s the help file on that (I couldn’t draw at all on the Black Falcon Torso Shield since the background was the active layer). Been a while since I actually used Photoshop for anything beyond a digital darkroom. Alright, back to work on a less cartoony falcon....never mind, I was going to ask some questions about photoshop, but I’m futzing my way through it. :-)

-->Bruce<--

Re: Harry Parter