 Castle / 18244
Re: Santiago's Gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:26:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Juan,

This is great! It has real depth, with the recessed arches and the way that some of the wall sections are inset, etc. Do you have a photo of the real-life gate?

Bruce

Sure.....

I spend part of my holydays in Trujillo this year..... I fire about 100 photos all over Trujillo. The Santiago’s Gate was one of my favorites corners of the village.... It’s an awesome village.... one of the best I visit here in Spain.

This is the outer side of the gate

The inner side

And a detail of the belfry stairs

as you can see, several modifications were made.... scale, color, I ‘free’ introduce the timbered second floor of the Chaves tower, and the belfry was changed by a lombard test.... (I’m plannig to build a romanic church located in the Pyrenees with lombard style, and I test it here).