 Castle / 18228
Re: Santiago's Gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:51:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Juan Cuello wrote:

  Hi everybody.....again.....
    This weekend seems to be a great weekend to build some lego castles, so here
it's another MOC I'm very proud of it....

You should be--that is FANTASTIC!  I love the depth to the detail--layering of
arches and so forth.  I've found myself that I do a lot more of that when
working from a real-world prototype... I need to do more of that to develop my
own skill.

I also really like the battlements--how the... (can't find the website of
medieval architecture terms... merlons?) come to a point like that.

If I were going to change one thing, I'd put at least one door on the side of
the second floor where it meets up with a CCC wall (here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=540020 ).  Might not be
prototypical, and it would have to be a really narrow door, but it would make
sense.

Great work!

Peter