 Castle / 15902
Re: The Epic of the Beyhadur
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the feedback.

<snip>

What do you mean a more detailed version?

I meant, you could easily tell the story
in several chapters, adding the more
important features of friendship, romance
and betrayal to snazz it up a bit. That's
what I would have done, anyway...

The next installment of the story is
the Calling.. essentially meaning: those
who fullfill the prophecy are gathered.
It is much longer (~30 images), with more
action and drama.

Sounds pretty interesting, but are you
sure you could pull it off in a short
duration? (unless each picture is a
summary of a whole part in istelf.)

To me castle lego is all about story-
telling.  If you look at old school castle
(like CW, IOM, and earlier stuff) it is
dominated by story telling.  I find that
interesting, because you don't find it
as prevalent in other genres. Space, for
instance, is all MOC dominated and maybe
two or three stories ever published.
So this story is my way of re-connecting
with what I might call, .castle culture.
And maybe inspire other people by the
ease with which I'm doing this.

Heh...that's the catch with my story, as
there are two parts to it, the past, being
set in the far future. (ideal for .space)
and the even further future (after a great
war) which is medieval in a sense. (and
for .castle) It's a multi genred story, but
won't be unveiled for a long...long time...)

If there is interest, I might even do a
"Making of the Beyhadur" when this is
all done. maybe.

Sounds interesting...you know, I should do
a few minifigure dioramas when I get the
chance and post them.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y