 CAD / LDD / 78
Re: LDD 2.0 immedeately locks up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:44:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   I start LDD 2.0 & it opens to a selection of pre-built models, free play, etc. Selecting any of these slows the computer to almost a dead halt. I’m running Windows XP sp2, with 3 Ghz & 300 Gb & updated DirectX. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Do you have on-board video, or a plug-in card? I have been informed by LDD QA that many motherboards with built-in video have problems running 3-d applications. Your PC is exhibiting the same symptoms as mine, which has on-board video, see here. You could try searching for an updated video driver, but there’s no guarantees - it didn’t work for me.

Good luck.

ROSCO

Here’s my me too post. I have the same issue on my P4 2.26GHz w/ ATI Radeon 8500 card. I had issues running earlier versions of 1.x on that hardware as well, but 1.6 runs okay.

Incidentally, on my PIII 733 w/ GeForce2 card, after repeatedly telling me there is no possible way it will even run on such archaic hardware, it actually does run, albeit too slow to be useable, without any CPU hog issues.