  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) I think group sub-sorting might be more trouble than it's worth. Editors can just sort the colors by Hue-Saturation-Brightness. That's what Bricksmith does. It's a simple mathematical transformation. (URL) Allen (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Now that's what I'm talking about! I just didn't say it right. ;) If you're not going to list the colors in ldconfig.ldr sorted by number then pick a useful ordering like Hue-Saturation-Brightness. Alphabetic order is not much better than (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Each program that reads and uses the LDconfig.ldr file should know how best to display the colors. If the program shows color swaths, then it does make good sense for the program to display them in a Hue-Saturation-Brightness order. For (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Personally I find it harder to remember all the silly names than to remember the basic colors by number. If they aren't sorted by color then I still want red, blue, yellow, black, white, and grey near the top of the list. The numeric order has (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you've gotta sort alphabetically, I say don't discriminate. Sort the Lego core colors in the 30000 range alphabetically too. What? You say can't do that, because those numbers mean something? How could that be? I'm gonna (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

(...) Yeah, I actually wanted to do that too in the begining. I can't remember how long we have been working on the release of this file, but it has been a long time for me. I'm not sure I have enough fight left in me to support (and drag this out (...) (15 years ago, 19-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)