Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:21:26 GMT

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:14:28AM +0000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
This prevents people from remotely calling the followon PHP function
to process the form data without actually using the form (i.e. bot
protection among other things).

And what do we need "bot protection" for?  It is already a "members
only" page.

Not to mention that it's trivial to bypass it if you did want to use a
bot.  If we need to do bot protection, we can use a captcha (similar to
the way we're protecting the full installer) when votes are actually
submitted.  But there's no reason (imo) to disallow multiple windows.

Dan

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com