 CAD / 13450
  MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

We're pleased to announce that voting for the December 2005 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month Contests is now open. Visit the voting page to cast your vote: (URL) inform me of any errors you may encounter. -Orion (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) when i click the link I get: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/www/users/peero...pnuser.php on line 313 Good thing this is restarted again! Thumbs up! :) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

Oh wait: when I logon to LDraw.org first, I get no errors. Good work! (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I'm not complaining as I think it's a bit of a silly rule but this entry (URL) does not fit the rules I read (800x600 and <150k). Does this mean the rules have been changed and if so, can I submit a larger entry of my scene? Yours, Tim (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) It looks like I was only allowed to vote in one of the two categories. First I voted in MOTM and got to a page saying "Thank you for voting". Second I voted in SOTM and got to a (similar) page saying "You are not authorized to carry out this (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Strange. I managed to vote in both (or at least I saw no errors to indicate otherwise). Tim (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Could it be because I opened two tabs - one with each of the categories - instead of working sequentially? When I tried again now, I was allowed to vote in the SOTM category. Play well, Jacob (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) 800x600 isn't a hard limit on size, your entry can be larger. This doesn't mean you can submit a 8000x6000 image but 1024x768 is fine. The same applies for the 150k limit (however the rules wording on this point seems to imply differently so (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Yes that's exactly why. The way postnuke does user authintication involves generating an authorization key. Everytime you open a form it generates an auth key and when you click submit it passes the key along with the other form data. This (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

--SNIP-- (...) OK. Cheers. I did think it was a bit strict but my reading of the rules was that it was a requirement. I'll email you a new version of my image. Thanks for the clarification. Tim (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

Hey Orion, Would it be possible for people without logins to at least be able to see the entries, even if they cannot vote? I had a login at one point, but tried all my normal usernames to no avail. Bruce (18 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) A bug is currently preventing this. You can see all the winning entries but not the current submissions (i.e. what's on the ballot). I'm working to fix this. (...) Email me more detail and we might sort out which one is yours. -Orion (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Why do everyone want to force me to work sequentially?!? :-( (the SAS booking system has even worse tasking errors) I find it very hard to beleive that there is a real need to prevent me from having multiple windows open on the same site. As (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Not to mention that it's trivial to bypass it if you did want to use a bot. If we need to do bot protection, we can use a captcha (similar to the way we're protecting the full installer) when votes are actually submitted. But there's no reason (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) While I agree with both of you, we should keep in mind that Orion said that this is a postnuke problem. Since the whole site is done with postnuke, I don't think there's much he can do about it, unless there's some postnuke option to work (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I could also email Orion a 800 x 600 version of mine.... (URL) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) POVray worked hard for those images. Shrinking them is telling it that you have no respect for its work. You never know, all future renders might turn out wrong because it is mad. ;) Tim (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I'm hesitant to use a captcha since it's just one more step in a process that's supposed to be quick and easy (i.e. it makes since to us webheads but the general user will see it as a pain-in-the-rear). I do however agree that a permissions (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Here's the reply I got on the pnForums regarding the use of the authid: The main reasons are all security related. When a form is secured using authid: 1) The form can't be faked by inserting things into the get/post array. 2) The form is (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)