 CAD / Development / LDraw Connection Database / 8
  Re: Movement and friction

I was thinking of friction as a simple on/off property: connections with friction only move during construction, whereas connections without are free to move under gravity or inertia or other forces during animation of the final model. Is this too (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) Welcome in my brain, Barney: I was writing about gravity and inertia in this very hour. The approach you describe may be usable, but as for myself, I'm talking in the LMPL proposal about a tensile strength instead. I see some difference. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re[2]: Movement and friction

Earlier on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:28:01 GMT on lugnet.cad.dev Ross Crawford<rcrawford@csi.com> wrote: ---...--- RC> I can see one limitation - the fact that technic axles are actually RC> significantly smaller than the holes in the bricks (round holes, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Re[2]: Movement and friction

(...) I agree. Although I called it friction, I didn't mean the true physical property. It seems to me that the difference between grey pins and black pins is structural in nature: they are different connectors from a builder's point of view. I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)