 CAD / Development / LDraw Connection Database / 13
12  |  14
Subject:
Re[2]: Movement and friction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.lcd
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:06:05 GMT

Earlier on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:28:01 GMT  on lugnet.cad.dev
Ross Crawford<rcrawford@csi.com> wrote:
RC> I can see one limitation - the fact that technic axles are actually
RC> significantly smaller than the holes in the bricks (round holes, not axle
RC> holes), and allow a fair amount of movement (sideways in hole, and even
RC> angular) when "connected". The idea of "drag" doesn't really account for this.
RC> Maybe a "allowed movement" and "default position"? That's starting to get a lot
RC> more complicated though. Maybe that'll just have to be modelled by switching
RC> off "LCD mode".

Yes, but is this a useful property or not in real LEGO? I think it
just let the axle rotate free and nothing more. Or am I wrong?
And if we see it on MLCad, we can't move the axle so fine like this
"fair amount of movement" since the minimum grid size is 1.

LAD> However, the whole question belongs to the LMPL side of the project, not to
LAD> LCD. In a mere LCD system with no LMPL implementation, there is nothing to
LAD> do with friction, since we can't move connections. Moving them belongs to
LAD> the LMPL side.

I don't know. If we call it to friction I agree with you.
But I think there must be a rotation properti for the grey
pin, and no rotation allowed to the black one (still connector).
I think it would be the easiest way to handle the pins as connectors.
And over the LCD the LMPL (as the higher layer) will give an addition
properties to it (similarly to the object oriented programming).
How about this?

--
    ___       Bye:       KACS, The BrickaMocka
   /___\__
   |o o|      E-mail:    kacs69@freemail.hu
  _\_~_/_                kacs@makacs.hu
/|LEGO |\               lcd@makacs.hu
C |==|==| C              Brick, Brick Hurray! :)
  |__|__|