 CAD / Development / 5514
Re: Searching for parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 00:10:55 GMT

According to FAQ question 26, LDraw searches for files in the following order:
  1.The current catalog.
  2.The P catalog.
  3.The PARTS catalog.
  4.The MODELS catalog.
L3P/L3Lab search in the above order, with the addition:
  5. The catalog of the model  [1]
(See also "File search also in directory of model" in
http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html#version11)

IIRC LDraw/LEdit MUST be started from the LDraw directory to work.
So for LDraw/LEdit step 1 is always the LDraw directory!

Maybe "the current catalog" actually means the Ldraw directory?

If so, I have misunderstood "the current catalog" because I have
programmed L3P (and L3Lab) to actually use the current working
directory from where L3P is started.
And this is why LDRAWDIR is needed for L3P!

So, should I change step 1 to be the LDraw directory?

I agree with Travis Cobbs that step 5 should be the first step.
Will this have any side effects?
/Lars
[1] Actually, to ease BFC development L3Lab also searches:
  0a.The BFC\P catalog.
  0b.The BFC\PARTS catalog.