 CAD / Development / 5513
5512  |  5514
Subject:
bend thingie creator.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 15:00:32 GMT

Hello, I just finished a first implementation for creating flexable axes and
i'm quickly posting it before i go home for the weekend.
It's my second program ever and my first object oriented one (so don't
expect too much :-) ).
If someone wants to test it out for bugs or other things i would appreciate
any comments.
(especially concerning tricks to reduce the program's size : almost 600k)

I've zipped it (150 k) and put it online at
http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9815058/

Due to my serious lack of html skills, I will write the usage here.

The program will ask for 4 coordinates (4 times 3 (x y z) ).
These are the starting and ending point of the axle (studs not included) and
two points in the direction you want at the beginning and end (first
reference point for start, second for end).
Then it will ask for the length of the axle.
followed by the type of curve, ony 1 available. (press 1 enter)
and finally the number of segments for the curve ( the more segments the
bigger the filesize (less than 3 will crash)  30 gives a reasonable curve).
It will then write a as.dat file  wicht contains your axle.
You can just add it to your model by placing it in the origin with no
rotation. (if you have chosen your points correctly)

hope you enjoy.

Koen