 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / * (-5)
Re: mklist 1.6beta1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:49:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Don Heyse wrote:

I'm assuming the 80 char lines is what you're aiming for here, so based
on the 64 char limit on descriptions I started the descriptions on the
16th character of the line.  That gives room for a 15 character name
and a single space before the description.  Anything longer and you'll
get the ragged look and a truncated description.  But hey, if we keep
most of the names to 11.3 and under it looks pretty nice:

6028.dat        Animal Dragon Tail
6133.dat        Animal Dragon Wing
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version
4493c00.dat     Animal Horse (Complete)

Here's what -8 does to the long filename.  Is that ok?

C:\LDraw>diff -b parts.lst parts.long
11c11
< 6133LO~1.DAT  Animal Dragon Wing Long version
---
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version

I put a beta executable here if anyone wants to shake the bugs out.

  http://ldglite.sf.net/mklist1_6b1.zip

Hey--that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Dave!

Re: bush lock primitives, 16 segment and inner edges.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:24:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Mark Kennedy wrote:
The current bushloc primitives are divided into 32 segments where as most of the
normal round type primitives are divided int 16 segments. Having noticed this I
uploaded new versions of bushloc2 and bushloc3. Then I looked at some of the
parts where the bushloc primitives get used and noticed some lines where the
maybe shouldn't be.
(see part 6577 at: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6577.dat)
These extra lines can easily be fixed by removing the inner edges on the bush
locks, but is this desirable or should the inner edges be left alone?

I agree with what you have done to adjust bushloc2 and bushloc3 to fit
16-segment polygons:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/bushloc2.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/bushloc3.dat

Fixing primtives is usually quite a challenge for the parts update process
because all the affected parts need to be re-issued at the same time as the
corrected primitive. However, in this case the dependency set is so small I
think we should do it:

bushloc2 is used only in:
4265a.dat - not on Parts Tracker
6542.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=6542
6577.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=6577

bushloc3.dat is used only in:
4273a.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/4273a.dat
4273b.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/4273b.dat

If you can re-work 4265a, and we can expedite the review of these parts then I
can make sure these all get released together.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)

There's still the question of the interior edges though. Should they be removed
or left as if? Also some of these could benefit from use of subparts, a common
subpart for both 4273a and 4273b then another subpart to be used by 6577 and
4265a. Would use of a subparts be acceptable in this case?

Re: bush lock primitives, 16 segment and inner edges.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:06:32 GMT

[...]

Subject:
bush lock primitives, 16 segment and inner edges.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:48:50 GMT

The current bushloc primitives are divided into 32 segments where as most of the
normal round type primitives are divided int 16 segments. Having noticed this I
uploaded new versions of bushloc2 and bushloc3. Then I looked at some of the
parts where the bushloc primitives get used and noticed some lines where the
maybe shouldn't be.
(see part 6577 at: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6577.dat)
These extra lines can easily be fixed by removing the inner edges on the bush
locks, but is this desirable or should the inner edges be left alone?

Re: Open cylinder primitives, any demand?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 03:42:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Mark Kennedy wrote:

A cylinder with one closed end (4-4cylc.dat) was issued in the latest parts
update (2009-02). See http://www.ldraw.org/library/primref/#curv3d .
If there is a need for a 1-4cylc.dat, feel free to submit it to the Parts
Tracker.

However, I'm struggling to see the utility of a cylinder with both ends open.
Can someone provide an example of where it might be useful.

Chris Dee
Here is a list I compiled of many parts that could make use of a cylinder that's
open at both ends. There may be more.

6029A
3957
104