 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 503
Re: mklist 1.6beta1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:49:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Don Heyse wrote:

I'm assuming the 80 char lines is what you're aiming for here, so based
on the 64 char limit on descriptions I started the descriptions on the
16th character of the line.  That gives room for a 15 character name
and a single space before the description.  Anything longer and you'll
get the ragged look and a truncated description.  But hey, if we keep
most of the names to 11.3 and under it looks pretty nice:

6028.dat        Animal Dragon Tail
6133.dat        Animal Dragon Wing
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version
4493c00.dat     Animal Horse (Complete)

Here's what -8 does to the long filename.  Is that ok?

C:\LDraw>diff -b parts.lst parts.long
11c11
< 6133LO~1.DAT  Animal Dragon Wing Long version
---
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version

I put a beta executable here if anyone wants to shake the bugs out.

  http://ldglite.sf.net/mklist1_6b1.zip

Hey--that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Dave!