 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 489
488  |  490
Subject:
mklist 1.6beta1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Steve Bliss wrote:
I'd keep the current line-format for all parts conforming to the 8.3
format, but for longer names, print the entire filename, a space, and
the description.  Like this:

3001.dat     Brick  2 x  4
3001c01p01.dat Brick  2 x  4 Some Variation with Pattern
3002.dat     Brick  2 x  3

A backwards-compatibility switch is good -- maybe with option to
truncate (or not) the description to fit 80 bytes per line?

I'm assuming the 80 char lines is what you're aiming for here, so based
on the 64 char limit on descriptions I started the descriptions on the
16th character of the line.  That gives room for a 15 character name
and a single space before the description.  Anything longer and you'll
get the ragged look and a truncated description.  But hey, if we keep
most of the names to 11.3 and under it looks pretty nice:

6028.dat        Animal Dragon Tail
6133.dat        Animal Dragon Wing
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version
4493c00.dat     Animal Horse (Complete)

Here's what -8 does to the long filename.  Is that ok?

C:\LDraw>diff -b parts.lst parts.long
11c11
< 6133LO~1.DAT  Animal Dragon Wing Long version
---
6133longfilename.dat Animal Dragon Wing Long version

I put a beta executable here if anyone wants to shake the bugs out.

  http://ldglite.sf.net/mklist1_6b1.zip

Don