 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 501
Re: bush lock primitives, 16 segment and inner edges.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Mark Kennedy wrote:
The current bushloc primitives are divided into 32 segments where as most of the
normal round type primitives are divided int 16 segments. Having noticed this I
uploaded new versions of bushloc2 and bushloc3. Then I looked at some of the
parts where the bushloc primitives get used and noticed some lines where the
maybe shouldn't be.
(see part 6577 at: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6577.dat)
These extra lines can easily be fixed by removing the inner edges on the bush
locks, but is this desirable or should the inner edges be left alone?

I agree with what you have done to adjust bushloc2 and bushloc3 to fit
16-segment polygons:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/bushloc2.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/bushloc3.dat

Fixing primtives is usually quite a challenge for the parts update process
because all the affected parts need to be re-issued at the same time as the
corrected primitive. However, in this case the dependency set is so small I
think we should do it:

bushloc2 is used only in:
4265a.dat - not on Parts Tracker
6542.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=6542
6577.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=6577

bushloc3.dat is used only in:
4273a.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/4273a.dat
4273b.dat - http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/4273b.dat

If you can re-work 4265a, and we can expedite the review of these parts then I
can make sure these all get released together.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)