 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6591
6590  |  6592
Subject:
Modulex parts in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
Best would be submitting to the PT since we also have:

Mursten: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=mursten
Duplo: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=duplo
Quatro: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=quatro
Minitalia: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=Minitalia

there. I cannot see any reason why we shouldn't have Modulex.

w.

Yes, maybe so. I would love to see them there, but I forsee huge discussions on,
for example:
* Scale. We decided earlier to use a different scale than other parts from LEGO.
That may likely be discussed again. I think the only reasonable approach is to
continue with this special Modulex scale and if needed scale down the Modulex
sub-model by 0.625 if mixed with other LEGO. If we use the same scale as the
rest of LEGO parts, it will be virtually impossible to build anything in for
example ML-Cad.
* If we add Modulex parts, will we also add Modulex colours to LDConfig.ldr? I
would like it there, but I can accept a separate config file as I think 99% of
LDrawers will never use them.
* Naming discussions. Is a part of half-brick height really a plate, or is it a
semi-brick? Or something else?
And so on...

Some resources on Modulex parts:
http://peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=modulex&limit=parts