 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5384
Re: Part requests: Lots and lots of parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

  With a list that long, it looks like you'd better learn to author parts.  It
really is a lot to ask others to do the work for you.  When do they get to play
with LEGO?
Kevin

I'm staring at a Knights Kingdom racheting joint at the moment wondering how
many hundreds of lines of code it would take to create it!  If I take up the
challenge to model an entire knight, (if not for my Lego Robotics classes) I
wouldn't be playing with Legos for a very long time.

By the way, I understand from _Virtual Lego_ that Tim Courtney uses Excel to
help model.  Does this mean that some of you folks have Excel macros that can
properly replicate recurring features/elements in a model?  I've seen the
program that creates lines of code for replicated studs.  Are there other such
tools to help the non-typists or the _vector-challenged_?