 CAD / 9715
Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:59:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson writes:
"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> skrev i meddelandet
news:HDJ79v.211H@lugnet.com...
While rendering a model I got a JPEG error and LPub seems to stop.
What is that error and what can I do about it?

Kevin, are you using Delphi? And the jpeg unit from Borland? There is a
problem with jpeg pictures in the size range 1-2MB if I remember correctly.
I've seen it talked about in the Delphi newsgroups, but I'm not sure if
anyone has really found a fix (apart from using some other jpeg library).

Hi Anders,

Yes.  I'm using Borland C++ builder 5 and their jpeg unit.

I'd recommend .png instead, if that format is acceptable - the file sizes
are about the same as .jpg, but the compression is lossless - much better
pictures.

Do you know of a Delphi compatible PNG package?  I'd *love* to use PNG.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden