 Announcements / 2051

Subject:
LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:34:17 GMT

LPub 2.1.0.8 is available from http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague.

This version of LPub adds these new features:

- Sub-assembly callout image generation
- Unique construction image background colors for up to four sub-model levels.
- Proof mode to make Lpub do a dry run through the entire model
- Scroll bar for the console window

For sub-assembly callout image generation LPub packs sub-assembly step
images together into a single larger image.  The callout facility provides
for four automatic step image placement schemes that provide for horizontal
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/LPub/right-leg_1_00_co_0.jpg)
or vertical
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/LPub/left-leg_1_00_co_0.jpg)
orientations.  You can either explicitly list the steps in each row or column,
and LPub figures out the size, or you can provide a size constraint.  If you
provide a limit to the X dimension, LPub figures out the Y dimension of the
image.  If you provide a Y limit, LPub figures out the X dimension of the image.

LPub provides meta-commands to control the type outline around the outside
of the picture (none,rectangular or retangular with rounded corners), as
well as its color and thickness.  Meta-commands control the placement
allocation scheme, the margins between images, the color and thickness of
seperators between rows and/or columns.  LPub's GUI allows you to select the
font used for step numbering on a sub-model by sub-model basis.

LPub provides additions to the GUI to allow you to select construction image
background color on a sub-model level by sub-model level basis.

Feedback is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
In lugnet.announce, Kevin L. Clague writes:
[...]

This version of LPub does not support nested callouts, but this is in the
works.  To make nested sub-model callouts work, I will provide new
meta-commands that describe the placement of a generated callout relative to
the current step image (complete with the triangles that point to where the
completed sub-assembly is placed in the step).  LPub will use this
information to create a new image for the step that contains the
construction image and the callout(s) (there can be more than one).  LPub
creates the deepest callout images and combined callout/step images first.
When LPub is told to create a callout for a higher level sub-assembly, it
will grab the combined callout/step images of the lower sub-assembly when
creating the new callout image.  This gets you nested callout images.

One thing that will need to change is that LPub numbers its steps starting
at 0 (its a computer weenie thing), and LEGO starts its numbering at 1.

LPub provides additions to the GUI to allow you to select construction image
background color on a sub-model level by sub-model level basis.

Feedback is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
In lugnet.announce, Kevin L. Clague writes:
LPub 2.1.0.8 is available from http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague.

This version of LPub adds these new features:

- Sub-assembly callout image generation
- Unique construction image background colors for up to four sub-model levels.
- Proof mode to make Lpub do a dry run through the entire model
- Scroll bar for the console window

Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
Thanks Jake.  I knew I was forgetting something.

Kevin

In lugnet.announce, Kevin L. Clague writes:
LPub 2.1.0.8 is available from http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague.

This version of LPub adds these new features:

- Sub-assembly callout image generation
- Unique construction image background colors for up to four sub-model • levels.
- Proof mode to make Lpub do a dry run through the entire model
- Scroll bar for the console window

Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available
It seems that rotation step does not work anymore?

LPub 2.1.0.8 is available from http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague.

This version of LPub adds these new features:

- Sub-assembly callout image generation
- Unique construction image background colors for up to four sub-model
levels.

This is nice!!!

Jaco

Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available