 CAD / 17505
Re: LPub Error Message?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote: • ...
   I’m trying to generate a BoM for a model that contains six different clone elements. I’ve gone through and deleted all BFC statements from each part and from each clone sub-part and clone primitive, and I’m still getting BFC error messages. • ...
LDView doesn’t have a cache. I’m pretty sure LPub has image caches, though. You might investigate that.

Also, when you say “BFC errors”, I assuming you’re talking about places where the BFC winding is wrong, which results in improper rendering in LDView. If you’re talking about the previously mentioned errors that LDView gives in its error list (BFC statement after first action line), then the BFC error won’t produce bad rendering, just slightly slow rendering.

I just re-read your post, and see you’re saying you’re getting BFC error messages, not BFC errors. I’m not sure how these would be visible from LPub (I haven’t run LPub recently), but I would expect that they would rule out the LPub image cache as the cause of your problems. Check the LDraw directory you have set in LPub. Maybe it’s set differently to what you have set in LDView, and LPub is passing that setting on to LDView when it launches LDView.

--Travis