 CAD / 17503
Re: LPub Error Message?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Okay, now I’m really baffled.

I’m trying to generate a BoM for a model that contains six different clone elements. I’ve gone through and deleted all BFC statements from each part and from each clone sub-part and clone primitive, and I’m still getting BFC error messages.

It appears as though LDView is retaining the earlier, pre-edited versions of the parts in its cache, so that it ignores and/or doesn’t notice the corrected revisions. Perhaps even more maddeningly, if I view the parts individually in LDView, they show up just fine and have no errors. But when I view them again, combined as a single model, the same errors show up again.

What’s going on here? If it’s a cache issue, how do I clear it so that I can load the parts without these lingering errors?

LDView doesn’t have a cache. I’m pretty sure LPub has image caches, though. You might investigate that.

Also, when you say “BFC errors”, I assuming you’re talking about places where the BFC winding is wrong, which results in improper rendering in LDView. If you’re talking about the previously mentioned errors that LDView gives in its error list (BFC statement after first action line), then the BFC error won’t produce bad rendering, just slightly slow rendering.

--Travis