 CAD / 17479
Re: LDConfig_Alt.ldr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Scott Wardlaw wrote:

I'm not a rendering expert, but you will probably want to remove the
standard light sources and add several more that are not very bright.
Lots of dim ambient light will show off the deepness of the colors
better than a single bright light.

It's also a good idea to make all lights but one 'shadowless' so you don't
have the spotlight effect of crossing shadows. I often put a shadowless
light at the point of the camera, to make sure everything we see is reached
by *some* light.

A little late, but thanks Anders.

I found the real source of the the light problem, "hidden" in the include file
named hills.pov. It contains three light sources that make Datsville flooded
with light, even when I had all the lights in the main file remmed out. That
explains a lot.

/Tore