 CAD / 17323
Re: LEGOLAND California Ambassador Class 2010 BI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:50:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
LEGOLAND California's Ambassador Pass Master Model Builder classes start today
for the 2010 season.  While I'm not a passholder, I have seen examples of past
work, and I have to say that I think Gary has "outdone the brand" this year.
This year's models are truly the best they've produced.

This year, I had the honor and privilege of creating the building instructions
(BI) for the Ambassador models.

----

I've been creating "like official" BI for a few years now.  It started with a
Hummingbird model for the pick-a-brick shop:

http://www.brickoracle.com/pdf/LLC.JK.001-Hummingbird-Release.pdf

and then a Christmas ornament a few months later:

http://www.brickoracle.com/pdf/LLC.JK.002-Reindeer_Ornament.pdf

And now I've done the BI for the two models for this year's class.  I used ALE
tools:

LeoCAD to model the steps
LDView to generate output

Plus Adobe InDesign for layout, and makefiles and shell scripts for many of the
mechanics.

<snip>

I think that these samples really show the power and capability that ALE-built
LEGO CAD and BI tools have.  I do believe we have "arrived," ladies and
gentlemen.

     -- joshua

LUGNET member #3

Hi Joshua,

  What does ALE stand for?  No offense, but in the world of BI's, I thought we'd
been here for quite a while?!?!?

Kevin