 CAD / 16811
16810  |  16812
Subject:
Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:30:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Andy Lynch wrote:
Are there any tools that allow you to manipulate a minifig AFTER you place it
into a file?  I realize that MLCad has a minifig generator, which is fantastic,
but once you place the fig, to produce another pose, you need to generate a new
fig from scratch...

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Andy Lynch

I always insert minifigs as submodels for this reason. I also wish I could
insert them as MLCad-Part like the spring.

cu
mikeheide

I think it would be relatively easy ro create a program that:
* Opens an LCad model file
* Uses MLCad.ini or something in its likeness to scan for and identify minifig
parts
* Extracts a minifig into a new file
* Writes a reference to the new file in the original model file
* Writes undo information in the original model file
* Scan for next minifig or quit

The reference to the minifig should be made so that the hips part is @
0 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1
in the minifig model file for easier manipulation.
The manipulator could be in the same program or a separate (maybe an already
existing?) app.

I don't think I have what it takes anymore to make such a program, but it would
surprise me if this is any challange for any other LCad programmer?

/Tore