 CAD / 16231
Re: Looking for dimensions of LEGO bricks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 20:36:15 GMT

Philippe Hurbain wrote:

With 8mm distance between studs, the theoretical value is 2944mm,
error is -0.23%
With 5/16" distance between studs, the theoretical value is 2921mm,
error is +0.54%

Though we are closer to metric dimensions, I admit my experiment is
not decisive!

I'm not at liberty to say too much, but I have actually looked at three real
drawings of LEGO parts, and not even TLC seems to be sure what the
dimensions should be - I've seen the distance between two studs dimensioned
as 8 mm on one part and as 8.018 mm on another!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm