 CAD / 15481
  LPub4.0.0.1 available

Hi gang, LPub4.0.0.1 is now available here: (URL) There are many bug fixes (especially LPub metacommands being put in the wrong place). My thanks to those whom fed me bug reports. Geoff, please try this new version. I'm pretty sure I've fixed the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) Yes, Kevin it did fix my problem. Thanks much for the fix and the awesome program. (16 years ago, 3-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

Kevin, Bufferexchange seems not to be working anymore in this version. Jaco (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) OK, while testing and playing around with LPub 4 I tried some new techniques I've come up with. I've recreated the "exact" instructions for set 4491. (URL) the same file in LPub 4.0.0.0 and 4.0.0.1 gives different outputs. I've uploaded the (...) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) Jaco, Thanks for your detailed analysis complete with MPD to allow recreation. I will take if rom here and fix the LPub bugs. Kevin (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) I am looking forward to the results, as I am due to deliver building instructions for a project I am working on. I have sent you some personal E-mails about this too. Once again, I thank _you_ for all you effords in creating LPub. (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) You missed a difference on Page 2. In the bottom part, the green arrows are shown in the 4.0.0.1 version, and not in the other version. (...) And round light grey plate 1x1 is not shown either. --Travis (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

I found one more thing. It appears that at least one of the parts placed in step 7 gets left around inside the model, and is just visible in step 15 as a black rectangle in the center of the bottom. The is visible in both versions of the PDF. (...) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) It is indeed. I need to place another bufferexchange there. (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) Hi Kevin, I really enjoy the new LPub but sorely miss the page image output. Am I just not spotting it or has it really been removed? I've always liked the ability to edit my files in GIMP to add renders, credit etc. Any chance of putting it (...) (16 years ago, 30-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) I think the page image output is replaced by the ability to create PDF files. But I'd like to see this feature too! In other words: 2 options for output: PDF and PNG (whole page) files for every page. (16 years ago, 1-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) I think that would be useful, too. Based on past correspondence with Kevin, I think it is planned but just hasn't happened yet. What I do is just open the PDF in Preview and save the pages as PNGs. That's how I made the instruction images I've (...) (16 years ago, 2-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

(...) On Windows (sorry, Jim...) you may use PDFCreator ((URL) It is used as a virtual printer that can output PDFs but also various image format. So you can "print" your instructions with it and create images of any size. Philo (16 years ago, 2-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote: <snip> (...) It is on the list. I just finished work in one of my other hobbies (community theater). "Lend Me a Tenor" just opened last night. I'm working on resizing of CSI using the mouse (model scale), as well (...) (16 years ago, 4-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4.0.0.1 available

Kevin, This might interest you: Creating a PDF in version 4.0.0.1 and printing it gives strange black faces around some assembly images. See here: (URL) the PDF of the same MPD (URL) prints fine. (16 years ago, 27-Oct-08, to lugnet.cad)