 CAD / 14612
Re: *** LDView Version 3.2 Beta 1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:01:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs wrote:

  • Generate an HTML parts list for your model. (This should generate an accurate part count even for MPD files with multiple instances of sub-models, and arbitrary nesting. However, mirrored sub-models will generate mirror image parts for those parts that aren’t symmetric.) This uses Peeron for part images (with permission).

Looks great. Can you make submodel colors propagate to children for parts marked as color 16?

I thought it did, so if it doesn’t it’s a bug. Can you send me a model that does this? (On a side note, one of your models that used color 16 for the main model was one of the reasons I added the Default Color setting way back when.)

  • LDView can now be used to generate thumbnails in Windows Explorer

Another great feature, but is there any way to change the settings (background color, lights) used to make the thumbnails? --Bram

It uses the “Thumbnails” preference set. I forgot about the fact that this tidbit isn’t in the help file yet. If it didn’t create the “Thumbnails” preference for you automatically, go into LDView and create one yourself. Then switch to that preference set, set it to have all the settings you want, then switch away (so that you don’t accidentally mess with it in the future).

--Travis