 CAD / 14469
14468  |  14470
Subject:
Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 02:11:02 GMT

I’m sure this has been done before, but I realized an amusing application of LDView’s “fly through” camera mode is to look at the world through the eyes of a minifig, particularly from perspectives where you couldn’t normally fit a camera (or your eyeballs).

Here’s a quick example: sitting in a LEGO cockpit looking out at your wingman.

look ma, no hands!

Travis, since I already had the LDView code set up I reduced the strafeAmount and motionAmount values used in ModelWindow::processKeyDown to 0.05. This made it much easier to make fine adjustments to the camera position; even smaller values may be useful. Perhaps it would be worth adding a Preferences setting to control these values?

(On a side note, I haven’t tinkered much more with Qt or a Universal LDView build. It’s still in the rotation, but I just haven’t gotten back to it.)

Anyway, thought this was fun so I thought I would share. Anyone else have any similar examples?

Jim