 CAD / 14179
  Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

Hi - I'm working on an experimental CAD/simulation/game/website called ROBLOX and would welcome any feedback on product direction from the Lego community. The physics engine handles things like collapsing buildings and vehicles by properly (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Wow! This seems to be one hell of a fun game. I've been fiddling with collision detection once, so I really appreciate you're efforts with this. It's a amazing job. Roland (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

David Baszucki, Good job so far. Only one question that comes to mind. Is it OpenGL? The one thing I would reconmend is that you impliment normal mapping (the high rez hight texture taken from a high detailed model and placed on a low rez model- it (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

OS required? James (...) (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

When I download the setup it's only 268KB (site states 4MB). So when I run it, it complains about a missing package. Also: Is this game playable standalone, or only online? Greetings, Roland (18 years ago, 11-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

Seems like there's put lots of time and effort in this. I can only base my opinion on the demo movie you mentioned. I'm surprised about the amount of destruction that's in ths bit. Where as the European Lego Toy is about constructing, it looks like (...) (17 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Jan - thanks for your feedback. I guess you could say we did the hard stuff first (destruction physics). We're just putting in features now to allow saving of collaborative spaces. If you check out the browse section you'll see that many (...) (17 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Roland - right now we have two parts to our download - an installer and the actual download. It looks like maybe you right-moused and saved from our download button - we might have to make this work. Currently the download should work on a (...) (17 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Jeffrey and James - Current OS required is Windows XP. We have built ROBLOX using OpenGL to eliminate problems moving to Mac/Linux in the future. We think the port should be pretty simple but are waiting to see how people like the product. The (...) (17 years ago, 12-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) I've located the problem, it's my ultra paranoid Zone Alarm Firewall settings :). I was blocking 'windows installer'. When I changed that to 'ask' it works fine. But personally I prefer fully standalone setup's. Roland (17 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Let's say, hypothetically, that you released the 2006 client. (2 years ago, 22-Jul-22, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) I had never been heard about ROBLOX.com before. But your comment made me curious. Now Google tells me that this is a business with 22 Billion $ US worth! And actually there would be no good reason why anyone in 2006 would pretend to be a (...) (2 years ago, 27-Sep-22, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) lol (2 years ago, 1-Oct-22, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

. (3 weeks ago, 19-Apr-24, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Feedback on Brick physics simulation - ROBLOX

(...) Wow. (35 hours ago, 11-May-24, to lugnet.cad)