 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 937
Moonbase Module: The Landing Pad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:33:08 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After a 15-year hiatus on space-themed MOCs, I've created a moonbase module:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/m-base/index.html

Of course I had to use a lot of Technic pieces and add motorization ;-) It
has two lifts and a big door that are remotely controlled (using 4-channel
R/C unit from HiTechnic: www.hitechnic.com).

I built this module for our recent TexLUG meeting
(http://www.texlug.org/spring2003/index.html). There were a total of 9
modules in our layout, built by 8 different people. The previous link has
descriptions and pictures of the meeting.

I don't think I've ruined my interest in Technic/Model Team themed MOCs, but
I did this just for fun. And it really was a lot of fun! It brought back a
lot of memories from my childhood when I played with LEGO space sets.

thanks,
TJ Avery
www.texbrick.com