 Space / 22635
Re: New Fad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 05:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:

but i'd like to say
that i think the little ships are the best part

those things are darn cool

i'd love to see that become a fad
and see some LUGfest MBases w/ lots
of those little things scattered about

:-D

Actually, I'd like it to be taken further into a Moonbase-related standard,
where the ships can't exceed a certain compact size, say 16 studs by 10
studs by 8 bricks high (for example). Then people can give their moonbase
modules parking lots (or even just one huge one) with a set bay size and
everyone can make a bunch of little ships to populate them, and it will
ensure that all the ships fit into the parking bays, and still allows the
parking bays to have cool funcions like lift platforms and cages. It also
lets people with less Lego to contribute creations that they know will fit
in somehow.

I'd also want two other minimum criteria - each ship has to have an opening
cockpit and working landing gear. That would make the dioramas look better
IMO. For example:
As you can see, it doesn't have to be big to have these features.

Cheers,
Paul