 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 294
  New MOC: Blood Moon

How about a new capital ship? Okay, so it's barely a cap ship at 112 studs long, but it's still a nice big piece of work. The Blood Moon can be found on the space page. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space) !!

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

All I gotta say is I can't wait to meet you at brickfest. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:GxMHLn.8nu@lugnet.com... (...) studs (...) found (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

I don't know if the Blood Moon will make the trip, though. Because it's so big and in such a space-consuming configuration, I don't know if I'll have room for it. I'll see if I can get it there though :) Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

This is absolutely horrifying...I love it. To have a ship of this size with such a frighteningly predatory profile and colour scheme is....wow. I think this is my favorite capital ship to date. Wow. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Predatory, what a great choice of word to describe it. That's exactly the feeling I was looking for. Cool :) (...) That's saying a lot, with all the amazing works in the Galactic Shipyard. Thanks! Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) OH YOU GOTTA BRING IT! Wow, so very very nice. It's like M-Tron turned EEEEVIL. Blacktron will even run in fear! I really want to see it in person to explore the detail and I really wanna check out the docking bay and stuff. Geez, even the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) I almost used trans-antifreeze as a highlight color to make it M-tronian, but decided against it. Trans-antifreeze isn't evil enough :) (...) The shuttle has two access hatches. When the shuttle is docked, it does not deploy its landing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) That is the coolest thing I have seen in a very long time. ~GAMH (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Wow... creepy and wicked. Jeff J (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

That's just plain evil looking! The red/black color scheme suggests doom - great exotic design, Adrian. Which pieces were used for the rear jet exhaust? I can't quite make it out in the pictures, it appears to be trans. red, right? -Matt . (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) The engines are made of trans-orange 1x6 and 1x2 bricks. Thanks for the compliments, and I really dig your Drakken too. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) High compliments from the grand admiral! Thanks Adrian (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Cool. Size is still impressive by my standards. Colors are menacing. The use of smaller "blocks" of color in the ship actually make it appear more interesting and larger than it would be if it were in large "blocks" of color. Some of the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) That was my design intent. I wanted it to appear like a camoflage color scheme, albeit in non-camoflage colors. (...) There is a removable shuttle that is housed in the shuttle bay, yes. These three pictures show the progression of the bay (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

Adrian, that's just plain cool. Love the colors; I'm a big fan of red and black. Also, as you mentioned, the camo look adds a lot to it. Love the wing shape, and all the interior designs. Lots of inspiration in this one. :-) -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

uh, the Nebu isn't worth beans compared to the Blood Moon. Bring it, man. -paul (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Very cool. It reminds me of a ship from "Space: Above and Beyond"-- the "Chiggy von Richtofen" alien X-ship. (.avi of the "attack" sequence--very cool ship) (URL) (the resin 1:50 model kit) (URL) Yours doesn't have the large wing panels but it (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:GxMHLn.8nu@lugnet.com... (...) studs (...) found (...) Wow, that is some wild coloring! The ship looks alive - almost biological. Reminds me of a coral snake or something. Either way, it looks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) I was a fan of Voyager for the first year, then I got bored of it and never looked back :) This ship definitely has a vibrant color scheme. I hope it spurns more people to build ships that aren't based on grey or dark grey, which I think is a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) You really think so? Wow. Well, I'll see what I can do to fit it. Maybe I'll strap it on the hood and make it a hood ornament :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Indeed, it's the best ship! Did you know that the Excalibur, a ship from Babylon 5 & Crusade universe has almost the same configuration ? But that doesn't diminish your credit because earlier representations of that TV ship were so-so and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

WOW! That's one great ship! Love the colour scheme, the cockpit, the shuttle that goes with it... I love it all! Truly an inspiration (sigh). Alexander (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) Yes, I know about the Excalibur. If you read the entire page on brickfrenzy, you'll note in the Construction Info section that I mention Crusade :) It was entirely coincidental that this ship looks like the Excalibur. I had never seen that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Blood Moon

(...) That is awesome. Nothing else to say that has not already been said. -Mike Petrucelli (I missed alot of cool stuff since I went AWOL sorting and building the last month or so. Too many to reply to.) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  finally

well, finally i respond, and finally an amazing new ship in here. Adrian, my hat is off. <bows> have you seen any Peter Elson art? your ship just screams Peter Elson. the form and particularly the biological markings (darth mauls' face, and Roger (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: finally

(...) Why thank you. (...) I really don't use other artists as my inspirations, at least not in a direct way. I have seen enough stuff in my time that when it comes to working on a new project, most often the ideas either spring fully formed from my (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: finally

Ooh, good call ! You're right about the similarity to Elson's work. Excellent ship BTW Adrian; an inspiration & challenge to us all ! (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)