 Space / 14768
Re: New MOC: Blood Moon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake writes:
How about a new capital ship?  Okay, so it's barely a cap ship at 112 studs
long, but it's still a nice big piece of work.  The Blood Moon can be found
on the space page.

Cool.  Size is still impressive by my standards.  Colors are menacing.  The
use of smaller "blocks" of color in the ship actually make it appear more
interesting and larger than it would be if it were in large "blocks" of color.

That was my design intent.  I wanted it to appear like a camoflage color
scheme, albeit in non-camoflage colors.

Some of the pictures appear to be of a small scout type ship.  Is this
separable from the main ship in some way, or does the main ship have a cargo
bay I have yet to see in the pictures?  The area that looks like it may be a
cargo bay is filled with hoses and the like, so it seems more like an engine
room of sorts.

There is a removable shuttle that is housed in the shuttle bay, yes.  These
three pictures show the progression of the bay doors closed, the bay doors
open with the shuttle still inside, and the bay doors open with the shuttle
gone:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/Space/bloodmoon/dcp02421.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/Space/bloodmoon/dcp02422.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/Space/bloodmoon/dcp02423.jpg

The hoses are not in the engine room.  This vessel doesn't really have an
engine room.  It has three banks of computer terminals, one within the
shuttle bay and two on the other side of the double airlock just on the
inside of the main cabin.  These computer terminals serve as engine control
and analysis.  No room on this vessel for those space-wasting engine cores!

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com