 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2934
new moc: beach house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:33:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

this latest moc, a luxury beach house,

was designed to accommodate the friends and aquaintances who can always find their way to someone’s beach house. the house is completely symetrical and modular to allow for compact packing. the main house with double staircase encircles the central courtyard with double entrances from the side. two outer buildings house private apartments for houseguests. build a beach house and they will come.

the terrace patio overlooks the ocean and is divided by the reflecting saltwater pool. through feats of lego engineering (of which i don’t they are at all possible) the shallow pool uses salt water and sends water in both directions, over the waterfall into the ocean and towards the courtyard into a fountain pool.

i don’t usually put minifigs anywhere near my mocs but this moc made its way to brickfest and into the town room and therefore i was strongly convinced that this would be a good thing. maybe sometimes i’m not always right!

because it doesn’t open up like my regular mocs and is not furnished, it didn’t seem to garner as much interest as its companion at the show, the italian villa with aquarium pool, but the minifigs earned a few chuckles. i am tempted to open it up and decorate the interior and may still do so because it will be featured in the beach area of our lug’s next train show, railfair, in october.

enjoy. after moderation.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-