 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2601
2600  |  2602
Subject:
Razor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:22:54 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Emtech Enterprises proudly announces the z24 Minifig version of the PlatforMech ABD-I class Razor.

The Mech

  • 120 Total Missiles – BRING IT ON!
              48 Long Range Warheads
              48 Short Range Warheads
              24 Fireball Warheads
  • Dual 4 Barrel Gatling Guns
  • Dual Ammo Dumps each holding 2000 rounds
  • Dual Specter Laser Cannons
              Quadruple Laser Energizers
  • 2 Leg Mounted Rear-Facing Flak Cannons
  • Cold Fusion Engine Supply (from CSF)
  • Enhanced Optical Cockpit LCD
  • 2 Dynamic Neumannic Shocks
  • Organic Design (the Tails) Inspired by Eric’s Beaechi (I think that is spelled right?)
Facts

  • Approximately 17” inches tall and 7” inches wide.
  • 12 Worm gears
  • 4 Goodyear Tires :)
Funny Costs

  • $5 in 32199 Yellow Hose, Soft Axle 11 (Peeron)
  • $1 in 75c10 Yellow Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 10L (Peeron)
Funny Facts

Razor is surprisingly playable! If, the temperature is 78°F, humidity 10% and you are in separate rooms and don’t breathe. Z24 gears allow for too much movement to be stable.

Torque

Let’s talk about torque. Those parts are connected via an axle to the hips. It should only be offset by 90 degrees.

This shows how much play is in the z24 gears. When I took off the arms and missiles this is the angle at which Razor wanted to stand.

Thanks

Thanks to every one that has given me input on my other Mechs. I especially want to thank Mark Neumann for the behind the scenes help. Mark suggested I think that a Mech is “A platform with legs”. A thanks goes to Eric Sophie for sparking my curiosity in Mech building.

Please note: This is my first, z24 Mech. I am looking for as much constructive criticism as possible. All suggestions and upgrades will be featured in the z40 model (Have any missiles you want to share?).

Thank you,

Brian PLMKWYT

P.s. If I have missed anyone on the credits please let me know.