 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2484
2483  |  2485
Subject:
Microscale battleship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:47:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Here’s a microscale battleship (aka Maritime Museum) that I was working on as a Factory entry. It was rejected within hours of being uploaded :( but thought I’d share it here!

The hull shaping is 1/2 plate offset SNOT with sliding tiles to shape the sheer. Structure is nice and solid in RL, though I would have liked it if the Factory “pallet”(te) had included a few additional useful pieces. A few things are next to impossible to get “snapped” in factory but it went together pretty quickly once I figured out what I was doing.

Now that the competition regs aren’t a factor, I can stretch it out for a more scale-like appearance. Anyone for a microscale fleet?

Matthias