 Boats / 507
Re: Microscale battleship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:49:26 GMT

Thanks guys,

I’m guessing that the “military” theme was the problem. I didn’t start working on it until after the other non 16-square designs had been accepted (16x16 area... wow, if you are going to have non-lego® lawyers write your rules you could at least make sure that they are good ones ;)) There are a few thing in the regs that are unclear, and the lack of feedback certainly doesn’t help! (if anyone KNOWS the answer, please let us know!)

I’ve always mostly respected the company’s stance on miltary sets... The difference between this and Bionicle™/S-Wars/Viking raiders (look at those hammers!)/etc etc of recent releases escapes me though!

I even made clear in the entry that this was a retired ship that had been turned into a museum :) I mean it relies on those harbour baseplates for bart of it’s structure! It isn’t likely to wander off to terrorise peaceful shipping lanes...

Good fun anyways... I want to use the half-plate shaping for minifig scale hulls. This was a good test-bed.

Matthias