 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2065
Subject:
Infinite Improbability Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 07:00:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

“Beneath it lay uncovered a huge starship, one hundred and fifty metres long, shaped liked a sleek running shoe, perfectly white and mindbogglingly beautiful. At the heart of it, unseen, lay a small gold box which carried the most brain-wrenching device ever conceived, a device which made this starship unique in the history of the Galaxy, a device after which the ship had been named - the HEART OF GOLD.” Douglas Adams, 1979

So here she is at long last, (for me that is) The Heart of Gold, but I am sure you’ve figured that much out already. No, it’s not the right size to be minfig scale but it would need to be six times the size to fit that criterion. It’s my first fully detailed interior, my first fig mod (I decided not to butcher another minifig for Zaphod’s spacesuit, and my first running shoe MOC? Enjoy thie pics folks and as always....LMKWYT

Folder, post mod

Nathan

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive
In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:

[...]

Great ship,

I like the interior, nice use of diamonds for lamps!

don’t forget, the answer is 42 studs!

Didier

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive
In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:

“Beneath it lay uncovered a huge starship, one hundred and fifty metres long, shaped liked a sleek running shoe ...

Love it, love it, love it!!

Gotta love that swoosh on the sole too!

Awesome job, Nathan.

Robin

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive
In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:

So here she is at long last, (for me that is) The Heart of Gold, but I am sure you’ve figured that much out already. No, it’s not the right size to be minfig scale but it would need to be six times the size to fit that criterion. It’s my first fully detailed interior, my first fig mod (I decided not to butcher another minifig for Zaphod’s spacesuit, and my first running shoe MOC? Enjoy thie pics folks and as always....LMKWYT

Folder, post mod

Nathan

Excellent rendition. I had the idea of making this ship a while back, but I was going to do the version from the tv show, which in all honesty looked more like a back scrubber than a running shoe. Your’s is very true to DA’s description even if it is a bit small. Despite that, you’ve packed a lot of interior detail in there though with lots to look at.

Is that Eddie in photo interior8? I didn’t see the HOG itself in there though, complete with a nice hot cup of tea.

Excellent work.

Allister

[...]

This is gold...pure gold. It’s completely zany in it’s conception to it final form, doing Hitchhiker’s proud. The shape is just phenomenal. Normally I’m not a big fan of sculptured hulls for minifig scale stuff, but this really works well. The little details are amazing as well..the shoe tread, the instep curves and even using the macaroni bricks to do the interior walls in that 60’s curve. And Breeblebox’s fig literally made me laugh out loud.

Amazing stuff, Nathan.

Cheers, -Gil

[...]

I’m going to have to go get a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster before I look at any more pics!

very cool MOC, great way to honor the late Mr. Adams...let us hope the upcoming Movie pays tribute to him just as much as you’ve done with your MOC...

Scott Lyttle

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive
In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:

   So here she is at long last, (for me that is) The Heart of Gold, but I am sure you’ve figured that much out already. No, it’s not the right size to be minfig scale but it would need to be six times the size to fit that criterion. It’s my first fully detailed interior, my first fig mod (I decided not to butcher another minifig for Zaphod’s spacesuit, and my first running shoe MOC? Enjoy thie pics folks and as always....LMKWYT

Wow.

My only disappointment is you opted not to go with 1:42 scale.

-Tim

[...]

OMGoodness! Loving it!

You are one totally cool frood!!!

(Wowbanger the Infinitly prolonged might have to skip you...)

Very nice!

Dave K

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smartiac/Mmmmmmmocs/Improbability/Exterior/<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smartiac/Mmmmmmmocs/Improbability/Exterior/goldexterior.jpg

So here she is at long last, (for me that is)  The Heart of Gold, but I am
sure you've figured that much out already.  No, it's not the right size to be
minfig scale but it would need to be six times the size to fit that
criterion. It's my first fully detailed interior, my first fig mod (I decided
not to butcher another minifig for Zaphod's spacesuit, and my first running
shoe MOC?  Enjoy thie pics folks and as always....LMKWYT

Folder, post mod

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85286>

Nathan

Absolutly amazing... Wow..,

Dude, you need to LDraw this!  If there are parts that need to be made, I'll
make just to allow you to model this.

-Orion

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote:

   So here she is at long last, (for me that is) The Heart of Gold, but I am sure you’ve figured that much out already. No, it’s not the right size to be minfig scale but it would need to be six times the size to fit that criterion. It’s my first fully detailed interior, my first fig mod (I decided not to butcher another minifig for Zaphod’s spacesuit, and my first running shoe MOC? Enjoy thie pics folks and as always....LMKWYT

Wow.

My only disappointment is you opted not to go with 1:42 scale.

Tim, Minifig scale is 1:42. --Bram

[...]

Sweet! I love this ship. I alsways got stuck here in the computer game. :)

How did you make Breeblebrox? Is that photoshopped or glued? It is totally cool, either way.

-Alfred

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive