 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1573

Subject:
Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:57:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story homes. One owner is a carpenter turned miner, the other belongs to an archer. Pick-a-brick was essential to getting the amount of light-yellow and teal required for these houses. (And yes, they have interiors.)

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2251

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story homes. One owner is a carpenter turned miner, the other belongs to an archer. Pick-a-brick was essential to getting the amount of light-yellow and teal required for these houses. (And yes, they have interiors.)

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2251

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

Jason,

These are pretty cool, I liked the patchwork quilt affect in the archers house.

Thanks,

George

In lugnet.castle, George Haberberger wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story homes. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2251

These are pretty cool, I liked the patchwork quilt affect in the archers house.

Thanks! I was going for the look of an crocheted blanket. I used 1x1 rounds so you see the white sheet underneath and with most crochet I have seen, you can sorta see through them.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story
homes. One owner is a carpenter turned miner, the other belongs to an archer.
Pick-a-brick was essential to getting the amount of light-yellow and teal
required for these houses. {(And yes, they have interiors.)}

; Jason Spears `|

Thanks for the inspiration! Those are two very nice small houses. I hope to copy
them. Keep up the great work.

Alan

Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story homes. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2251

Thanks for the inspiration! Those are two very nice small houses. I hope to copy them. Keep up the great work.

I’m glad you liked them. When you say copy, do you intend to try for an exact copy? Or just copy their flavor and make your own variations? Either’s cool with me, although if you make variations, I’d be keen to see pictures.

I’ll try to keep it up. It can become challanging finding things to build that no-one has already done. Nobody wants to see “butcher shop number 478”. ;) Still I have some more ideas brewing, so I hope to find time to build tonight.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG