 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1433
New MOC: 40 stud diameter Spiffcraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 03:44:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The weekend before BrickFest, the GA was sharing his Grand Spiffcraft with me, and I was inspired to create my own giant Spiffcraft. I originally planned on doing only a minifig version, but my brother encouraged me to create a scale Spaceman Spiff for the ship. So, I built both. The different interiors easily swap out of the center section.

   The Spiffcraft

I built the whole thing in two days and two evenings to complete it in time to bring it to BrickFest. Details include landing gear which is entirely geared together so that all the legs move simultaneously, fiberoptic engines, retracting guns (an idea obviously stolen from Mark), and a loading ramp that hinges down from the ship.

Please LMKWYT! Comments, questions, criticisms, etc encouraged.
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org