 Announcements / 3442
3441  |  3443
Subject:
" (needs work)" officially sanctioned by LSC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:53:37 GMT

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has officially sanctioned the use of ” (needs work)” in part titles to allow parts to be certified with known problems. Note that this has been used for years now in the library, but many part authors and reviewers were unaware of the convention. Additionally, as far as we could determine, it wasn’t officially documented anywhere.

The official library header specification has been updated accordingly. Please see the Part Description section of the specification here:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/398

--Travis Cobbs (acting on behalf of the 2006-2007 LSC)

2006-2007 LSC Members:
  • Travis Cobbs
  • Ross Crawford
  • Lars C. Hassing