 Announcements / 3427
3426  |  3428
Subject:
Get a glimpse of Legoland Missouri plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 05:09:28 GMT

RED Development, city and state officials held an open house today to present the LEGOLAND project and answer questions. I had the chance to drop by the presentation on the way home from work today. I did not have time to stay for the presentation, but I did pick up the handout detailing the project.

The area they are looking at is an ideal spot for the section on town they

From the Handout:

Begin Quote

LEGOLAND Missouri is not just another shopping center and entertainment attraction.
  • The proposed LEGOLAND park is just one component of a 200 acre development that includes retail, office, aquarium, convention center and hotel
  • LEGOLAND and Sea Life Aquarium are international sucess stories, which entertain and educate millions of families with young children every year
  • A LEGOLAND in Lee’s Summit will be only the firth LEGOLAND in the World and the second in the US and Sea Life will be the first in the country
  • LEGOLAND California has been voted the number one theme park for Children in the United States for five years running, and LEGOLAND parks worldwide receive well over 90% guest satisfaction
  • LEGOLAND offers exciting programs for schools that bring a classroom curriculum to life
Two-thirds of the money necessary to build this development will come from private investment.
  • Total cost of the project is $539 million
  • The LEGOLAND park is asking for $110 million in public support
  • Any financial risk associated with the TIF bonds will rest with the developer
“We see the LEGOLAND project as a great addition to an already fantastic quality of life in Lee’s Summit and a substantial draw for the metro area of Kansas City and the State of Missouri. We look forward to continue the process of bringing these exciting international attractions to Lee’s Summit.”

John Ussher, LEGOLAND Dan Lowe, RED Development

End quote

Illustration of proposed park:

Illustration
of proposed park

Scan of Handout

Other recent articles/editorials from the Kansas City Star:

Lee’s Summit must be skeptical in reviewing LEGOLAND proposal City should seek an independent analysis of project finances

Theme park would be a great addition to KC area