 LEGOLAND / 386
Re: Get a glimpse of Legoland Missouri plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 01:13:12 GMT

   So, what is your take on the project? Is this a cross between a LEGO Imagination center and a LEGOLAND Park? From the looks of the one working link you have, the image of the flyer, the graphic is of the park only. Where would the shopping be located? Or does the shopping mean only LEGO.

I corrected the links. Apparently they required a cookie. It worked when I tested them last night, but today didn’t. Thanks for pointing this out.

The graphic only shows the LEGOLAND area. They did have a map of the area displayed, but I have not been able to find an electronic copy. IIRC the shopping is to the west of the Park and the conference center and hotel is to the East.

   This is quite a surprise to me. I bet others had their jaw drop like mine. Not that I am knocking Kansas City, Missouri (which by the way, you might want to explain briefly for others the dual state nature of Kansas City, MO) but, this is really only a regional place for travel. While I am certain adding a LEGOLAND MO to the list of parks would be great, foot traffic is certainly, I would guess, going to be lower than LEGOLAND CA.

I don’t think they expect to have the country-wide draw that California has, but they are going for more the day trip crowd. Kansas City is within a day’s travel for a large section of the Midwest and I think this is their target crowd. Missouri already has several successful attractions, so this might just serve as another stop on a trip. I’m not sure if the park would be as successful as California, but I think it would be unique enough that people would take the time to stop on their trips.

   Did they mention this as part of any larger expansion scheme? Like to Florida, maybe? (fingers crossed).

My guess is they are avoiding FL since it is so expensive and they would have so much competition.

   Keep the community up to date on this. Certainly, it might be a few years away, but its not to early to start planning a convention in Kansas City!

Todd