 Announcements / 3241
  New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

BrickArms is OPEN! Hi all! I've just opened my new BrickArms store offering custom molded minifig-compatible modern weapons (try saying that five times fast!). Each was designed using a 3D CAD program, and the molds were made using Computer (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

Looks nice. If you expand the range, how about a US M16 machine gun. (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Did you know that the M4 is already very similar to the M16? The M4 carbine model I offer has the advantage of the shorter stock, and the shorter barrel of the real M4. This helps keep it in proportion to the minifig - a tough feat due to the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

I would suggest a Bazooka but thats probobly too simiar to the RPG you already have. We already have a Revolver (from western/adventurers etc) that will substitute for modern revolvers. Also, your existing pistol will suffice for most pistols (given (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

I just ordered two sets of the combo weapon pack! Great job on the weapons. I would suggest adding a sniper rifle to the line also. The shotgun might be cool but also might be hard. Maybe you could do a sawed off shotgun ala Road Warrior style. One (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Not only that, but to me it is a very "boring" weapon cosmetically - just a hollow tube & trigger. Not much eye candy, and the tube is so large that a minifig could not hold it by itself. The RPG I offer can be grasped anywhere but the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) John, you echo my thoughts exactly! The MP5 was actually the first modern weapon I had modeled, but I thought its appeal was limited. I was wrong! I have received many many requests for it already. I should put up an R&D page on BrickArms to (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Damn you, now I'm going to have to make some 'Nam dioramas... Seriously, though, those gats are pretty awesome - I am totally blown away (no pun intended). I agree, an MP5 would be nice. So would a sawed-off shotgun. So would a sniper rifle. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) These will be the first non-lego items that I will add to my pile of bricks, in 27 years of collecting. As a maker of metal die casting tools, I really appreciate the quality of the tooling that you managed to come up with. Suggestions? MP5 (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Well... and an UZI would be useful to make vignette with Lara Croft :-) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Wow, thanks! When you recieve your items, please check back and report on the quality, OK? (...) That MG3 looks like a wicked weapon! Larger weapons are a bit harder to do. I'm more partial to the one-handed weapons so the minifigs can (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) I purposely decided to not mold the grenade launcher and fancy optics onto the M4 so it could be used for Vietnam & present day use. But, no matter what I do, someone still wants the "Night Sight" and "Launcher Thingy". :) (...) I've been (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) May I suggest the use of black minifig hands for a Bipod stand?? Somehow, though, the enthusiasm which greets your (admittedly well-crafted) product disturbs me. Must we include violence in our dioramas? Doesn't violence somehow stand in (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Hi, Paul, Not speaking for Will, of course, I must say your comments are well-taken. Please understand I am coming from a completely unbiased stance myself, and I won't try to take a stab at the "official" take on this issue. All I know is (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Comooonnn, don't troll people like that....:-) Lego is violent, and was violent,too. For ages. All the "classic" castle, pirate, western sets have guns and weapons, in very realistic forms. The two recent awesome a/c sets are artfully crafted (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

In lugnet.announce, Will Chapman wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Congratulations on the start of BrickArms and your first product. I received my first order yesterday and I can say the quality of these parts is excellent. I highly recommend BrickArms (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) rather see than an MG-42 (the MG3 referenced above be indistinguishable from an MG34 or MG42)! I've mentioned this elsewhere, but this is a great service you're providing, Will. Thanks for the initiative and hard work! Shaun (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

Hi Will Your custom minifig weapons are amazing. I too think they will be one of my first non-LEGO purchases to supplement my LEGO collection. A few thoughts on future weapons: Like you have mentioned I think you should stay away from add-on (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Thanks, Ben! From someone that has "been-there-done-that" with your own high-quality train wheels, this is high praise. :) <snip> (...) I hear you! Those kinds of molds are a bit more complex than my current one as they would need to have a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Violence and spaceships always work. Everyone knows that. Legoswami (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) No problem with that..:-) (...) What about this one then. Similar in function to your assault carbine, with much more power (7.62mm, can take your arm of in close combat). And for your convenience, it has also a folded stock version. If you (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

In lugnet.build.military, Selçuk Göre wrote: <snip> (...) ---Will (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

What Chris said. I ordered 3 six-packs (er...of the new weapons, that is) Pat Hough (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

In lugnet.build.military, Chris Paton wrote: <snip> (...) The M107 is huge! I don't see how a minifig could hold it, and still have it look as though it could actually fire it. ;) (...) No offense, but the Sten is ugly! It looks like a tinker-toy to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Will, These look great. Any chance of us being able to buy them at Brickfest? Jude (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Unfortunately, I cannot make Brickfest this year :( I suppose I sould see if I can setup a distribution channel (wholesaler) for Brickfest. I'll see what I can do. I will be at NWBrickCon in Seattle, in October this year. Can you make that? ;) (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

I was watching my Police Academy DVDs and I saw some guns to suggest. Firstly, the shotgun they use in the shotgun scene in the first Police Academy movie would be perfect IMO. And secondly, in the scene in Police Academy 6 where Tackleberry is (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

I'm very impressed by your work, Will...just a few potential ideas for lines of expansion, not so much specific weapons as useful parts LEGO is unlikely to ever make. Grenades. These don't have to be pineapples or anything complicated; a short (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) I take that back. I've checked my schedule and I just might make it over this year - as long as the "purists" don't give me a beatdown for being "non lego" ;) --Will Chapman • BrickArms LLC (18 years ago, 12-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

I must say A+++ for these minifig guns. I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I got them, and in only a few days (2?), I was impressed. These are excellent quality, and Will even threw in some bonus parts. The Panzerfaust (rpg) is cool, and the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) <snip> As with everyone else, I'm exceptionally impressed by the high quality/detail you got in these arms. And with everyone else, I'll send up my requests :) -- A Tommy Gun (URL) I can do a diorama of 'A Piece of the Action' :) and a double (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) After receiving my order (the pieces are fantastic!), I had a pair of ideas that would complement the MG42: (1) A Potato Masher German grenade - this one would be nice and easy to do (2) German WWII helmets - they're so distinctive, no other (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) I "aim" to please! Bad joke.. :) (...) Thanks, Austin! I have a whole team at the house helping me fill orders, and they get paid by the part, so keep those orders coming! :) If you happen to take a photo of your minifigs sporting a BrickArms (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) I received them two days ago. First of all, I should say that this is the fastest parcel that I ever got from US. I really appreciate the pieces. They are better than I guessed from the pictures. I even looked at them under a lupe, and I can (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Thanks! I always ship in bubble mailers and secure the items inside ziploc bags. I'm glad there was no hassle at customs. :) (...) Thanks again! I spent a lot of time with the molder getting everything as perfect as possible, because once he (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

Will, I can only echo what others have said, very nice stuff! It seems that the 6-pack offers a decent discount for those who want to develop a small arsenal. I imagine some builders are most interested in either the modern or WWII era weapons, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

(...) Yes, that is "in the works". With BrickArms being only 2 weeks old, I'm still sorting it all out, but expect more weapons packs in the near future. (...) Wow, a "Ma Deuce"? That is doable, but I don't know that it has the mass appeal that a (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)