 Announcements / 2828
2827  |  2829
Subject:
New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:43:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello Everyone...

I’m totally stoked to announce that the JLUG has gone “live” and after a few days of testing, we are starting the “party” with an open contest with prizes.

Drop on over, check out it out and start thinking about the MOC you will create for the contest. It is open to anyone, from anywhere.

The MOC must be your own creation and not previously posted on the Internet. It should be something that represents yourself or where you live or what you enjoy.

You can enter the contest by emailing the links of your pictures of your entry. Or you can register for the JLUG forums and post your entries there instead. Choice is yours.

The contest opens tomorrow (Feb 8th) and will run until the end of April. All winners will be decided by a panel of judges and will be announced by the end of the first week of May. The judges decision is final. Winners will have to provide their mailing address so their prize can be sent to them and all winners must agree to allow the JLUG to post their creation with credit given to the builder.

The prizes are pretty cool, imo.....

Lego set #10156 (Lego Brand Truck)

Lego set #10151 (Hot Rod)

Lego set #4886 (Building Bonanza)

Lego set #10039 (Black Falcon Fortress)

Custom assembled model (Manure Spreader)

Custom set BRE-116G (Grader)

My appreciation to Ross Crawford, Lar Pieniazek and Andy Cook for offering to donate a prize for the competition.

If you are so inclined, you can also register for the forums (intended for a mature audience). The forum is a causal place to discuss all things related (or not so related) to our shared hobby. Lots of banter on what’s old, what’s new and what’s going on. Mainly a place to chill out and chat in a fun, light hearted way. Nothing is very serious over there, just a casual place to get bent and post.

Special thanks to Ross “Roscohead” Crawford for being instrumental in getting this site off the ground. As well, thanks to Tom “Dr.Spamcake” McDonald for the use of his smiling figs icons for the forum and to all of you that dropped in for the “testing phase” as well as Northstar for hosting the site.

Hope to see you there!

Janey “Red Brick”

c/o the JLUG