 Announcements / 2294

Subject:
Our Lady of the Snows Exhibit - My setup experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:43:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey all,

This past weekend Our Lady of the Snows Shrine in Belleville, IL launched the Way of Lights event, so I’m free to post this now.

Last weekend (October 7-9) I drove down to St. Louis from Ottumwa, IA to help Dan Parker and Gary McIntire set up the lifesize nativity scene and minifig scale town of Bethlehem, among other things. It was pretty solid work right up until midday Sunday when I left, but we got ‘er done. I had seen the nativity scene before, but not all assembled. To all the guys at the studio back in Seattle, great job. Really amazing. Also, getting to help Bethlehem come together was an experience. After it was set up, Gary and I went back and added some extra landscape touches; fun stuff.

post-mod folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63469
(some large pics of certain things)

Some highlights of the weekend (pre-mod teasers):

-That palm tree is teh s3xy

-Studs down construction on the head!

-The hood in Bethlehem - very interesting construction on some of the houses

-Gary trying to kill Dan w/ the Star of Bethlehem

-Dan exacting his revenge

-the minifig xmas tree

Also while there, I got the chance to see Adrian’s snowman and poohbear IRL, as well as some amazing creations by Nathan Sawaya. I wasn’t able to stick around for the final touches, so I’m really hankering to go back down before the end of December to see the entire display in all its glory.

All in all, I had a magnificent time. The people at the Shrine were incredibly friendly and helpful, not to mention very curious. Shortly after we got there we were known as “the lego guys” by everyone and their brother. Really great place, not just for the lego. There are amazing exhibits and displays and such to see, so if you’re at all able to, you should check it out.

That is all,

Re: Our Lady of the Snows Exhibit - My setup experience