 Ambassadors / 392
Re: The LEGO Ambassador Nomination thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 21:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
   1. Edward “Teddy” Welsh

As a fellow member of NELUG, I’ve worked with Teddy on quite a few projects. Teddy’s role in NELUG has always been an incredibly positive one. Perhaps most recently, for the past two years, he’s taken on the task of organizing the Moonbase display at the Brick Blast event in Middlebury, VT, with his own quadruple-sized module as the crowning centerpiece (also shown at BrickFest 2006). It helped inspire local kids to build and display their own modules at the following 2007 Brick Blast event.

I think the most inspiring work of Teddy’s to me was something I wasn’t even present for, however. As a math professor, Teddy’s worked in Lego to his classroom curriculum for several projects. As a bit of a math geek myself, I found his approach to teaching students about Calculus with Lego to be a great way to get even college kids interested in what is often regarded as a rather dry subject (sorry, it’s true!) and (I like to imagine) more involved in the class.

All in all, I think Teddy would make a great addition to the Ambassador team-- I think he could add a different perspective to the program, and I have no doubt that he would do all of us AFOL’s proud.

DaveE