 Ambassadors / 319
Re: Another Q for the Ambassadors to ask TLG, please?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:
In lugnet.ambassadors, David Simmons wrote:
Why have textured slopes been arbitrarily abandoned?  The last few retail
purchases of Lego sets that I made disappointed me greatly in that the pieces
I'd most desired, 2x2 medium-slope corners and 2x2x3 extreme-slope bricks, both
in dark red, were no longer textured.  They are now smooth.  This means that
they will not match all the hundreds of other textured slope bricks in my
collection.

Well, as said, we asked again, and here is what we've been told to answer: TLG
is switching back to textured slopes.

So it turns out I was wrong about molds wearing off (and as some poeple pointed,
it didn't quite fit anyway); apparently there had been some kind of decision
involved, but that decision has apparently been reversed, and there will be
textured slopes again in the future.

Of course this only prompts more questions, to which we don't quite have answers
yet, such as whether slopes which have never been textured to start with will
get some textures; how long will it take to get rid of untextured slopes, etc...

We don't know that; only that TLG understood the importance of textures to fans,
and acknowledged they had to return.

Jean-Marc Nimal
LEGO Ambassador

Hooray!  Good work, guys.  I'll sure be looking forward to the textured slopes
coming back.  Now, just bring our 9V Trains back, too!

-Jordan Schwarz