 Ambassadors / 313
312  |  314
Subject:
Another Q for the Ambassadors to ask TLG, please?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 23:13:50 GMT

Why have textured slopes been arbitrarily abandoned?  The last few retail
purchases of Lego sets that I made disappointed me greatly in that the pieces
I'd most desired, 2x2 medium-slope corners and 2x2x3 extreme-slope bricks, both
in dark red, were no longer textured.  They are now smooth.  This means that
they will not match all the hundreds of other textured slope bricks in my
collection.

For a pictorial example, scroll down a bit on this page on my website:

<http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Odds%20&%20Ends.htm>

Because of this, I've now decided to never again purchase retail sets.
Bricklink will now get all my Lego dollars.  I'm greatly saddened by this but I
feel that I have no choice as the System no longer bears any resemblance to the
one that I had grown to admire and respect for its cohesion, quality and
integrity.

Sometimes it feels like TLG is deliberately trying to break with the older
fanbase and focus its energies on attracting newer and younger fans who will
have no memory of Classic colors, fingered hinges, realistically textured roofs,
electrical train tracks, and sets that actually contained lots of bricks as
opposed to elaborately sculpted but ultimately tacky one-use pieces that make
the set look like any other clone brand.

Only the Designer and Creator lines have kept the flame alive.

What's up, TLG?!  I can feel my faith in the company dyin' ovah heah!!

Dave S.